Strategies for Well-Being:
4 x 90 minute webinars
Any individual whose lived experience exposes them to pressure and interpersonal interactions that can lead to compassion fatigue, burnout, moral distress, or trauma.
CCMI’s Strategies for Well-being program works with individuals to explore skills and approaches for supporting wellbeing. Participants will be invited to participate in activities during the session, including:
- Mindfulness exercises
- Self-exploration activities
- Guided imagery
- Gratitude practices
- Spiritual practices
These sessions are designed to be interactive, and participants will have opportunities to share their ideas and experiences. Facilitators aim to create a comfortable and welcoming environment to support sharing and learning, and all activities are optional. In-between sessions participants reflect on what they have discussed and learned in preparation for the next session.
These sessions can accommodate 12 participants per group. We ask that participants commit to attending all 4 sessions.
Contact us for more information about registration.
This is an interactive course that is designed for participants who want to consider practical applications to their life and work. CCMI uses learner-centred, performance-based, and trauma-informed approaches.
The facilitator and participants will collaborate to determine which topics to explore and prioritize throughout the 4 sessions, and facilitators will introduce activities accordingly.
Examples of activity objectives include:
- Increase presence and self-awareness
- Support nervous system regulation
- Acknowledge the experiences you carry.
- Evaluate self-care in different dimensions of your life.
- Identify self-care activities
- Explore values, beliefs, experiences, strengths, and boundaries.
- Evaluate different mechanisms for coping with stress.
- Explore how self-talk and beliefs influence health and wellness.
- Identify your community.
- Explore ways that we are connected to others.
- Create an action plan to get started in forming a new habit or working towards a personal goal.
In order to complete this course, participants will need:
- Access to a computer, laptop, or tablet with the capability to watch and listen to videos and audio recordings.
- Internet connection
- Microphone and camera for zoom practice and feedback sessions. A headset is recommended.
- Up to date browser including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Microsoft Edge. The course will not run with Internet Explorer
The sessions will explore topics that are deeply personal and sometimes private. We recommend that participants have access to a quiet, private room.
Please feel free to use and share the following resources with anyone that might benefit from them. If you know of anything that we could add, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See our CCMI Services page for an overview of all of our offerings and details like prerequisites, duration, and capacity.