Brief Interventions for Engaging Patients Workshop:
Dependent on scope of request.
This is a custom offering for front-line clinicians who have a limited time with individuals and want to maximize engagement. It focuses on the attributes of effective communication and provides tips and approaches to enhance the work that you are already doing so that people will be motivated listen and engage openly. Participants will be taught how to use Ask-Tell-Ask to give information and advice in a way that is person-centred and more likely to lead to action. Prior to booking workshop dates, your organization will work together with a CCMI trainer to determine an area of focus and which screening tools and skills are most appropriate for your cohort.
Capacity for this course is dependent on the scope of request.
Contact us for more information about how to arrange for your group to take this course.
Learning objectives may include:
- Define brief interventions.
- Define motivational interviewing.
- Describe the Spirit of MI and ways to express it.
- Explain how the Spirit of MI provides the foundation for Brief Interventions.
- Describe the four processes of Motivational Interviewing.
- Contrast MI consistent and inconsistent brief intervention practices.
- Describe stepped care for self-management support.
- Identify ways to provide information and advice consistent with the Spirit of MI.
- Demonstrate Ask-Tell-Ask.
- Demonstrate teach-back.
- Apply skills to practice.
This is an interactive skills-based workshop that is designed for participants who want to consider practical applications for their work. CCMI uses learner-centred, performance-based approaches to adult education. The Brief Interventions for Engagement workshop includes:
- Learning activities that evoke understanding and build skills.
- Practice activities that increases practical understanding and allow trainers to provide constructive feedback.
- Facilitated discussions about how new skills and knowledge can be applied in learners work or volunteer setting.