Health Literacy Overview Workshop or Webinar:
Appropriate for wide range of professionals and peer helpers.
This overview provides training in the concept of health literacy and an introduction to teach-back for understanding.
Capacity for this course is unlimited (minimum 6 learners). Contact us for more information about how to arrange for your group to take this course.
- Define health literacy.
- Describe impacts of health literacy.
- Describe components of health literacy.
- Describe factors that contribute to low health literacy.
- Define teach-back.
- Describe the evidence for using teach-back.
This is an interactive skills-based workshop that is designed for participants who want to consider practical applications for their work. CCMI uses learner-centred, performance-based approaches to adult education. Our workshops include:
- Learning activities that evoke understanding and build skills.
- Practice activities that increase practical understanding and allow trainers to provide constructive feedback.
- Facilitated discussions about how new skills and knowledge can be applied in learners work or volunteer setting.