Health Literacy Overview Workshop or Webinar:
Appropriate for wide range of professionals and peer helpers.
This overview provides training in the concept of health literacy and an introduction to teach-back for understanding.
Capacity for this course is unlimited (minimum 6 learners). Contact us for more information about how to arrange for your group to take this course.
- Define health literacy.
- Describe impacts of health literacy.
- Describe components of health literacy.
- Describe factors that contribute to low health literacy.
- Define teach-back.
- Describe the evidence for using teach-back.
This is an interactive skills-based workshop that is designed for participants who want to consider practical applications for their work. CCMI uses learner-centred, performance-based approaches to adult education. Our workshops include:
- Learning activities that evoke understanding and build skills.
- Practice activities that increase practical understanding and allow trainers to provide constructive feedback.
- Facilitated discussions about how new skills and knowledge can be applied in learners work or volunteer setting.
See our CCMI Services page for an overview of all of our offerings and details like workshop prerequisites, duration, and capacity.